Update on chinese Coronavirus issue

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Banned
We all know the chinese never tells us the entire truth about disasters in china, they historically always play down casualty and death rates. So if they say 12 dead you can figure on at least double that figure.

So tonight we find out that the Chinese authorities have locked down ALL transport in and out of the ENTIRE Wuhan city Population 11.08 MILLION people , that caught my attention immediately.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...s-latest-wuhan-lockdown-transport-shut-update

Locking down a city of that size definitely says they are taking this seriously. I saw where about 5 other countries have had it allready though, so a little to late maybe. I saw S Korea, Japan, Australia and the US but don’t remember the other one right now.

Locking down a city of that size definitely says they are taking this seriously. I saw where about 5 other countries have had it allready though, so a little to late maybe. I saw S Korea, Japan, Australia and the US but don’t remember the other one right now.

China doesn't care about the rest of the world. But, they don't have anywhere near the medical facilities/housing/isolation needed to stop this thing if it goes wild across China. It would shut down industry and everything across the entire nation. Look at what the pig disease recently did to them, something like 1/2 the pigs in China got slaughtered trying to stop it (and it still spread). This is pure selfishness: stop it before China implodes. And Trump would let them collapse before helping them (or they sign a really good trade deal with him).

This is all about China protecting China.

Screenshot_20200123-131845.jpg

China doesn't care about the rest of the world. But, they don't have anywhere near the medical facilities/housing/isolation needed to stop this thing if it goes wild across China. It would shut down industry and everything across the entire nation. Look at what the pig disease recently did to them, something like 1/2 the pigs in China got slaughtered trying to stop it (and it still spread). This is pure selfishness: stop it before China implodes. And Trump would let them collapse before helping them (or they sign a really good trade deal with him).

This is all about China protecting China.
Some sources think it could already be to late as millions of chinese
that's horrific. just like the SARS in 2003

Update from articles & other discussions.

First, Wuhan is apparently the city in China with their version of the CDC. And various diseases regularly escape from the medical center. Assumption is that this disease escaped their CDC and the meat market source is a cover-up.

Also, this virus has a 2 week incubation period which means people everywhere are spreading it without even knowing their sick.

2 confirmed cases in the US (Washington state & Chicago). And about 10 more suspected cases.

Chinese New Year just started. People have been travelling for about a week across the country & around the world. Definitely a worst-case scenario. And these 600 and 800 'confirmed sick' numbers really aren't counting the 2-week-incubation people.

My advise is that each of you should be in lock-down mode stage one. No going out in big cities. No travelling by air. No going to big events. Avoid any city with bigger universities (with students from... China!).

If this thing keeps going, I'd advise not even going to bigger stores like WalMart or Home Depot. Wearing gloves & a mask. I'm in this mode since the College Station case is around the corner from me.

The final stage is locking the gate & nobody in or out of the property.

Of corse the numbers will be fudged but then the governments a) don't know the scale of things and b) don't want to panic people. Even if the number of Chinese infected was 100,000 it would still be a tiny percentage of the population. This will most likely turn out to be nothing much, just like SARS, swine flu, and bird flu. Anyway the earth could do with a good thinning of the herd.

We should not be panicking regardless of any casuality figures, Prepping not Panicking is the best way forward. All we need to be doing is monitoring the situation and ensuring our preps are up to date. If and I do mean IF it gets out of control we need to be thinking about going into self imposed quarantine until it passes, kit wise we need to ensure we have enough food cached for a few weeks and that our hygiene / med kits are fully up to date. But at the moment we just need to play the watch and wait game.

Mom goes to the doctor a lot, but I told her we are not going out just for fun. It's too dangerous. She is 87 next week so her immune system has to be lowered.

I hate going out anyway.

I do have to take my son to his Best Buddies prom tomorrow, but we will use lots of antibacterial gel and shower as soon as we get home.

Latest posts

Back