Up-armored Humvee

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel8

Reaction score
So I have a 2 door M998 humvee in really nice condition. I started to think about making it a 4 door and know where to get the kit. But then got to thinking about getting some armored doors for it. And then it was all over!
I went down the research bandwagon and now I may be buying a 4 door humvee with the upgraded suspension and 4 speed tranny and put armored ar500 doors, rear curtain, BP glass and even a turret with a coupula. Probably will cost about 40k by the time i'm done if I'm lucky and do my research and sourcing well and take my time. Right now I'm trying to find someone who can build the doors. If this ever takes off I'll stop back in with some pictures.

Not really economically viable in my mind, We need STORAGE space as well as MOBILITY, we are preppers not soldiers and up armoured vehicles are simply likely to attract trouble and unwanted attention. One possible comprimise was done by a prepper in Arkansas who fitted out his 4x4 panel van as a camper van but lined most of the internal panels with multiple layers of Kevlar cloth. Much lighter much more mobile , much more gray man, much more economical.

Latest posts

Back