The Sky is falling, sky is falling in Idaho

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird.

I'm kind of a lightning rod myself. I've been hit indirectly, THREE times. (only knocked out one of those times). (one time, as a kid, it arced through the power lines and out an outlet, later years struck the beach near me, then later hit the opposite bank of a river I was just getting out of). Nice jolts out of each though.

Heck, I have a tree in the back pasture, that's been hit TWICE in the past year. Needless to say, we also have lighting rods and a cable system on our home and the stables and garage as well.

We do live in the lightning capital (heck, even our teams are the Lightning, the Storm, etc.), but sheesh....

Not the first time I've been called that.
In fact, I still have issues where, streetlights go out, TV reception goes bad if I'm near it (though this changed with digital broadcasts), and I often build up a lot of static charge (so much so, that I "ground out" when kissing my wife goodbye each morning....because a static shock on the lips doesn't feel too good for either of us, hehe....)

fun party trick at least...but the superpowers equivalent of Family Guy's Meg growing her fingernails long....

Latest posts

Back