Must Read Saving Videos before they are removed or lost.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Since I came to the realization that I can't trust certain Corporations and since these Corporation have demonstrated their dislike for gun related video's, I have decide I needed to find a way to preserve worthwhile videos. I have started to download and save specific videos that I feel are in jeopardy of being removed. Now before I get jumped on about copyrights and stealing peoples work. I do give the creators acknowledgement for their video. I do not redistribute their work and it is not for sale. I am not causing them any loss of income and am not advocating for any shady miss-use of these works. I am just saving these works for future reference, should SHTF. Pictures are worth a 1,000 word and DIY videos are worth a million words.

Anyway, getting to the point, I found a free video capture software and a free video player, which allows me to download and save the video to my harddrive for future posterity (the developers would love a very small one time donation). The software is very simple to use and works extremely well. I am even able to capture the subtitles (a must for the hearing impaired --- ME).

If you are interested, the capture software is ---4K Video Downloader and the video player is VLC Media Player. Please note: I have absolutely no connection to either of these groups /companies. Feel free to research before downloading, I did but do your own safety check.

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I use SaveFrom.net: https://en.savefrom.net/user.php?helper=ff#download

It integrates with Firefox perfectly, like on youtube it places a Download button below the video as illustrated below, select the size you want in the drop down window next to the green Download button. The app is free.

Clipboard01a.jpg

@Maverick Glad to see others are preserving these wonderful videos. As the Liberals take over more and more INTERNET corporations, censorship is going to become a more serious problem. I want these videos to be available to my grandchildren and their children. FaceBook is already planning to institute what they call the Good Censor or such such misleading tittle, which means that only liberal approved content is going to get promoted and preserved. Each member can and should choose whatever program /system that works for them but start collecting now, before these videos are gone.

@Maverick Glad to see others are preserving these wonderful videos. As the Liberals take over more and more INTERNET corporations, censorship is going to become a more serious problem. I want these videos to be available to my grandchildren and their children. FaceBook is already planning to institute what they call the Good Censor or such such misleading tittle, which means that only liberal approved content is going to get promoted and preserved. Each member can and should choose whatever program /system that works for them but start collecting now, before these videos are gone.

I've been saving the old B&W Civil Defense videos (nostalgia thing for me) and a couple of the new stuff, I got a library I download on the iPad, ya, some of them has disappeared off youtube :(

Small Example
SHTF.jpg

Latest posts

Back