Remington goes down?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are stories on the internet that they're filing for bankruptcy to avoid being sued for Sandy Hook.

Whether it's true or not, I don't know.

It's a larger picture than just being sued besides, the gun industry are protected if the firearm is used in a crime under Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act codified at 15 U.S.C. 7901-7903

It has to due with sales/investors!

Remington seeks bankruptcy protection as gun sales appear to continue decline

In 2017, firearm background checks, a good barometer of sales, declined faster than in any year since 1998, when the FBI first began compiling that data.

According to a recent study by Harvard University and Northeastern University, the number of privately-owned guns in America grew by more than 70 million to approximately 265 million between 1994 and 2015. But half of those guns are owned by only 3 percent of the population.

That smaller base of what are sometimes referred to as super-owners has made the industry more unstable.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...n-maker-remington-seeks-bankruptcy-protection

Remington has been on the skids for many years....this is not really news, just something most already knew. There products were not good anymore compared to the competition....

Years ago I bought a Remington .22, new. Maybe, 2003?

It never did feed right. Remington sent me a new magazine, which also wouldn't feed right.

A girlfriend at the time borrowed it, and never returned it, and I didn't ask for it back when we broke up. Which shows I didn't like that gun. Or that girlfriend, lol.

Good riddance to both!

Bushmaster is being sued and chances are very slim to very none they will have to pay anything...

Yeah, I think this is more of something that really has been inevitable for a while, through every fault of their own.

Yeah, I think this is more of something that really has been inevitable for a while, through every fault of their own.
There is a simple rule I follow in business. Don’t spend more than you bring in. There are a lot of other rules I believe in too, but this one is a cardinal sin to break. Remington was simply living much higher than their sales could support, and they did it for a long long time. I do think the potential Sandy Hook lawsuit was a factor too as I read a judge is considering letting it move forward.

There is a simple rule I follow in business. Don’t spend more than you bring in. There are a lot of other rules I believe in too, but this one is a cardinal sin to break. Remington was simply living much higher than their sales could support, and they did it for a long long time. I do think the potential Sandy Hook lawsuit was a factor too as I read a judge is considering letting it move forward.

Though "The company was cleared of wrongdoing in the Sandy Hook shooting" The PLCA Act protected them thus couldn't be prosecuted or sued , the judge ignored federal law but the company was found non-negligence, the product was misused.

Though "The company was cleared of wrongdoing in the Sandy Hook shooting" The PLCA Act protected them thus couldn't be prosecuted or sued , the judge ignored federal law but the company was found non-negligence, the product was misused.
The only person I could see being negligent here was the mother of the shooter for having an unsecured weapon that he was obviously able to get to. Since she was the first one he killed I guess it doesn’t matter much now...

I hope your wrong on that. You could look at the kids eyes and tell he didn’t need to be around that kind of power....

The mother did buy the guns, a 5.56/223 AR15 is not a powerful rifle caliber , it is actually very low on the list of rifle calibers power wise....there are 100's of semiauto rifles more powerful....the media has turned the AR15 into something that will shoot through Tanks and easily take down Fighter Jets...

A host on MSNBC said the Military turned down the AR15 because its too powerful and adopted the M16 instead and had a so-called expert to back the claim up.

And folks, that's the kind of shit we are dealing with right their and people are buying the misinformation, we can say all we want but in the end, MSNBC has a bigger audience than this board unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back