Reliance on Grid electricity comes home to roost in UK

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been following Brexit prepping steadily - thru the various UK prep sites - for 18 months now .... older crowd on average preppers than even in the US prep crowd >>>> and the younger crowd that I do run across - on Reddit usually - is sooo freaking concerned with hypothetical BS like global warming and media garbage - pretty much a useless bunch ..

something like this grid down is actually what they need - some reality !!!!!

We'll see how many minutes the UK's memory goes regarding this blackout. Panic, stress, stream, sweat out a few hours, power returns, get a couple days news coverage about the failing infrastructure, and poof, it's gone. Forget all about it, go back their every day. And it'll happen again, and maybe next time their memory will last 24 hours longer? Yawn...they are free to ignore all the warning signs and live with their heads in the sand. They just are not free to knock on my door and share in my personal power grid when their public version fails.

Just to show the U.K. folks how tough the USA is. When the big cities lose power for two hours, they go looting. Grab that big screen TV!
They do in the UK too, but the media don't call it looting, they euphemistically call it "free shopping." LOL
And at a Sainbury's in London, people appeared to make off with free shopping, with an eye-witness saying: 'No one knew what to do. The staff just asked everyone to abandon their trolleys and leave.

'But with no security cameras or alarms, people were just leaving with all their shopping. Someone walked out with a hoover.'

Last edited:
according to energy insiders, there has been 3 near misses before last weeks blackout, and the UK National Grid has known about the potential for nationwide long term power down "for years", just goes to reinforce what I have been saying about UK power supplies, again for years.

Latest posts

Back