Porch Theft to become a felony in Michigan...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

God Like
Reaction score
This MIGHT slow some of them down....make them think twice....

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/porch-piracy-michigan-felony

Excerpt: "Stealing packages will become a felony in Michigan just in time for the holidays, as a new state law goes into effect on Monday. According to a recent survey, nearly one in five Americans was either a holiday porch piracy victim last year or knows someone who was a victim of the epidemic. Monday's new state law will look to increase prosecution of those caught stealing packages, with punishment ranging from fines to a year in jail and upwards of five years in prison for repeat offenders, Fox 17 reports."

It's about time.
I love the videos where someone makes a fake package with hidden cameras, and the thieves steal it and all the put in it was confetti that flies everywhere. And then the little cowards run away screaming.

Kate, there was another video just this past week where a guy put days-old feces in a box with a 40 second delay. Once the box moved, the timer starts and then it 'explodes'. The home video shows the guy driving away, then poof, and he jumps out of the car. Hysterical. Imagine the smell, and trying to get that out of your car? Only thing better would be skunk spray!

theft is theft,,,,nothing worse than a thief,,,,I say hang the perp by his balls in the front yard for a week

Ouch. I'll be much nicer. Lose a finger segment with each theft. Start with the little finger on the left hand & work across. That way when you meet someone, you'll know at least part of their criminal history. That's much nicer than some countries where they take off a hand.

Kate, there was another video just this past week where a guy put days-old feces in a box with a 40 second delay. Once the box moved, the timer starts and then it 'explodes'. The home video shows the guy driving away, then poof, and he jumps out of the car. Hysterical. Imagine the smell, and trying to get that out of your car? Only thing better would be skunk spray!
I saw something like this just the other day. I can just imagine in some states the thiefs would be suing for damages to their car.

Ouch. I'll be much nicer. Lose a finger segment with each theft. Start with the little finger on the left hand & work across. That way when you meet someone, you'll know at least part of their criminal history. That's much nicer than some countries where they take off a hand.
I try to be compassionate in life, but have to admit this deserves some consideration. I think incarceration is a waste of tax payers dollars and dosent teach people anything. With the population constantly increasing the cops can’t even come close to keeping up with crime, espechially the lower crimes like theft of less than large amounts. With no real punishment the crime rates will just continue to climb. I don’t think we will ever see it in this country though. I remember a young man from the US was cained in an Asian country for a crime. The outrage was all over our country. I figure if he didn’t do a crime, he wouldn’t have been in that situation. All I know for sure is what we do now is not effective enough to stop crime. Remember the old saying of if you keep repeating the same action why would you ever expect a different result? It’s time to start trying new deterrents.

Latest posts

Back