Political divide is way out of hand

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have always tried to be in the middle ground on politics. I believe people working together can accomplish a lot more than ones that spew hate at each other constantly. Here are some thoughts from some of our most celebrated leaders through history.
https://apple.news/AOzqttUjyTk6XO0ufGYnviw

I guess I just respect someone who says why he can do better than his opponent, much more than someone that just berates his opponent. Respect and civility have their place in the world, or at least should.

I do think having different views can be a good thing. Sometimes another perspective can broaden your understanding of things you didn’t see before. With the broad differences in our society we should have representation from all combined, and meet somewhere in the middle on our rules and laws for all. The bullying, insults and lying that is happening now should be left on the playground for immature children though.

I guess I just respect someone who says why he can do better than his opponent, much more than someone that just berates his opponent. Respect and civility have their place in the world, or at least should.

I agree. That is why I respect Bernie Sanders. You know where he stands and his positions. He generally is out there presenting his views and not slinging mud. It just happens that I do not agree with his positions, so I cannot support him, but at least I do respect him. At this time, I do not think there is any other Democrats that I can say that about.

I have no respect for any politician, especially the ones we have this side of the pond, they do what they want to do not what the voters voted for them to do. they say one thing to get elected then forget all about it once they are elected.

Jack said it well, regarding Bernie. Dems in the majority are only about destroying Trump. Even if it means destroying our nation. It is like the muslims trying to negotiate with Israel, they said repeatedly that their one goal was the destruction of Israel. Where is there room for negotiations? The only solution there was the 7 day war. Read about it.

I agree that people that honestly disagree can sit down and have a discussion. Find common ground. With dems, there is zero common ground. They are like muslims (and some of them are in fact muslim). So, if the dems want a destroy-or-be-destroyed war, I'm not going to run from that fight. Dems have to change first (or be destroyed). Their choice.

I agree. That is why I respect Bernie Sanders. You know where he stands and his positions. He generally is out there presenting his views and not slinging mud. It just happens that I do not agree with his positions, so I cannot support him, but at least I do respect him. At this time, I do not think there is any other Democrats that I can say that about.
Yeah, I like Bernie and believe he cares about humanity, but he is too far left for me too. He seems to be a decent person and is respectful. I think the only one so far on the dems side that’s sane enough to be called middle of the road is Biden. Wish there were more options though honestly. I respect mitt Romney too. I think he could do a decent job. Trumps brand of indecency though has me completely repulsed. I’m betting 50/50 on his being removed before all this is over right now. I don’t care which party gets in, but someone with some decency and cares about the whole population needs to be in the job. One question I have often asked myself, “why in the hell would anyone even want the job”? In today’s partisan world, low pay, (good pay by my standards but not for the responsibility of the posistion), and constant attacks by the opposing side, why would someone even want to run? Ego maybe?

The pay maybe low (not really) but the side perks are outstanding. How many go into politics and come out the other side millionaires? Bernie included. The Liberals have called President Trump every name possible but then get their panties in bunch when he hits back. Yes, He is not a career politician and does not act like them, thank god, At least he is not selling us down the river like obama did. Give me an A-hole fighting for me verses a political wimp sell me out.

Back