Perimeter Security & Defense

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a video I found describing 6 types of alarms and how to make a few of them.

1692788884871.png

https://urbansurvivalsite.com/diy-perimeter-alarms-for-shtf/

Anyone else think it is almost time to start rigging perimeter alarms?

We have 2 dogs who let us know if anything is around. They will run the range cows off when they get too close to our property. The only time our dogs have ever seen another person around our place was last spring when I was working on the fence. There was a Forest Service crew trying to start fires along our north and west fence lines. At first the dogs barked at them, then they spent the rest of the day hanging out with them. Traitors.
I know that if I wasn't around the dogs would not be very friendly with strangers.

I’ve been considering driveway alarms. What type do you like? We are on a dead end road and get very little traffic, so they might be good for a ways up the road, right?

We have solar ones off Amazon that work pretty well...as long as: the dogs don't decide to play in front of it and the wind isn't blowing hard. Branched trees across the drive can set it off. When that happens, I just unplug because the alarm goes off incessantly.

I’ve been considering driveway alarms. What type do you like? We are on a dead end road and get very little traffic, so they might be good for a ways up the road, right?
Northern Tool has some great driveway alarms at a reasonable price

Latest posts

Back