pack raft or cordage?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrow89

Super Friend
Neighbor
Haven't posted much recently. Just want to hear some thoughts. I live in michigan, lots of rivers and lakes. Crossing these obstacles would be necessary in a bug out situation. Better to get a pack raft or just bring extra cordage for binding a raft from felled trees and such? Pack raft come in at about 7.5lbs. And we all know it comes down to the ounce in a b.o.b. just wanted to hear thoughts about it.

Haven't posted much recently. Just want to hear some thoughts. I live in michigan, lots of rivers and lakes. Crossing these obstacles would be necessary in a bug out situation. Better to get a pack raft or just bring extra cordage for binding a raft from felled trees and such? Pack raft come in at about 7.5lbs. And we all know it comes down to the ounce in a b.o.b. just wanted to hear thoughts about it.
Me personally I'd build rafts out of the materials found along the rivers and lakes. They don't take much time to build and you could reuse the cordage. Rubber rafts get holes so you will also need to bring along a patch kit.

Back