National 'Lockdown' coming

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
A reliable source told me today that there is an immanent likelihood of a national lockdown. You'll probably have 2-3 days to get home. Exactly all the details, I'm not sure (I doubt they are either yet). But consider the implications.

Spain just announced one. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...mpose-nationwide-lockdown-draft-idUSKBN2110LE

France just announced closing all cafes, restaurants, theaters...

This is so scary. Part of me wonders if they're over-reacting, if it can possibly be bad enough to be worth it. Then I see China and Italy and. . . I'm still not sure. I really feel like we don't have all the facts though.

Kate its the OFFICIAL lack of facts from the global governments that tells us we need to act ourselves because the governments are clueless. EXAMPLE UK government saying on one had "" Dont Panic Buy there is plenty of food in the supply chain"" BUT there own official documents tells us the UK only ever has 3 days of food in the supply chain and that is providing it all works as it should.

just what the hell does a lock down mean,,,,,does it mean schools and stores are closed will work be stopped or is it no leaving the state you are in
Right now it means everything will be closed except grocery stores, the government will encourage you to stay at home and not travel. As things progress so will the definition of lockdown.

who the hell is going to pay my bills if I can't work
I could loose everything I have worked to get
Depending on your job, it may not affect you at all. I manage a warehouse, as long as trucks are on the road, I have to work. I honestly don't know how that will work, that's everyone's fear. If a full lockdown/quarantine situation happens, I can only assume that everything will be in a kind of suspended state, the bills included.

Trump has said hourly workers will still get paid. He didn’t say how that will work though, or how long. They are going to spend the billions that this emergency declaration freed up. Great, even more debt.... I don’t know how things will work for the self employed but imagine the SS office? Not that I want to go to crowded places right now. Just relax, depend on your preps and knowledge to get through this one day at a time.

Trump has said hourly workers will still get paid. He didn’t say how that will work though, or how long. They are going to spend the billions that this emergency declaration freed up. Great, even more debt.... I don’t know how things will work for the self employed but imagine the SS office? Not that I want to go to crowded places right now. Just relax, depend on your preps and knowledge to get through this one day at a time.

the piece I read on that was your employer would be required to pay you 2/3 of your normal pay for 12 weeks and the feds would would cover that up to 4k per month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am pretty sure that is how that went

the piece I read on that was your employer would be required to pay you 2/3 of your normal pay for 12 weeks and the feds would would cover that up to 4k per month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am pretty sure that is how that went
3 months. Let’s hope that gets through this outbreak.

I am not happy with this,but I imagine no one else is either,

I will have to be at the feed store in the morning just in case there is any truth to this,,,,I can't let my furry friends starve now can I
I’ve got two extra bags each for my buddies right now. Will try to add two more just in case. I think I will venture out carefully on Monday and try to get a few things. Really trying to limit my exposure to this though.

I'm honestly not nearly as worried about the virus as I am the mass hysteria. People are animals and when they feel trapped and act unpredictably. I haven't been sick in forever. I have used colloidal silver for years to cure/prevent my illnesses, I've even used it to kill strep throat. Hopefully, it will work of this as well.

I'm honestly not nearly as worried about the virus as I am the mass hysteria. People are animals and when they feel trapped and act unpredictably. I haven't been sick in forever. I have used colloidal silver for years to cure/prevent my illnesses, I've even used it to kill strep throat. Hopefully, it will work of this as well.

Josie Wales wouldn't be worried

The 'job' will vary depending on the situation. If you punch holes in metal, that can wait. If you care for animals that will die, then I suspect your employer will be making special arrangements. If yo distribute food, you'll still be working too. If you sell window replacements, kick back & wait.

Looks like i need to head the abc store.

Kate its the OFFICIAL lack of facts from the global governments that tells us we need to act ourselves because the governments are clueless. EXAMPLE UK government saying on one had "" Dont Panic Buy there is plenty of food in the supply chain"" BUT there own official documents tells us the UK only ever has 3 days of food in the supply chain and that is providing it all works as it should.

Face it folks, Governments in disaster situations are ALWAYS less organized and MUCH SLOWER reacting than the private sector or citizen! It is all the red tape and too numerous departments! This is true worldwide, but especially in countries like ours that have turned over TOO MUCH of our everyday lives to government.

If totally shocks me that so many, especially younger people think the Feds should control everything.

The CDC taking so long to come up with the CVirus testing is a prime example. The private sector didn’t take long at all! Why?? Is the CDC that incompetent or was this another example of leaders there trying to make President Trump look bad? Both are concerning.

Looks like i need to head the abc store.
abc?
The 'job' will vary depending on the situation. If you punch holes in metal, that can wait. If you care for animals that will die, then I suspect your employer will be making special arrangements. If yo distribute food, you'll still be working too. If you sell window replacements, kick back & wait.
At my company we're getting ready, we have to be careful because we work with the elderly. Some of our clients it's more that they want a companion or someone to help out around the house. But others need our help for their day-to-day lives. And living in their homes is certainly a safer alternative in these circumstances than being in a nursing home. So I think our jobs our safe if our clients stay healthy. We may even have an increase in business as families want to take their loved ones out of nursing homes for the time being.

Schools and some Government offices have closed couple times in my lifetime over flue outbreaks . Any travel restrictions would be recommended and voluntary . I personally am carrying on as usual . I would also say restaurants and other private businesses closing may be the responsible thing to do but I haven't seen the need to . Look at the effect that is going to have on their employees and their own business . The bills and expenses are not going to stop coming in .

abc?

At my company we're getting ready, we have to be careful because we work with the elderly. Some of our clients it's more that they want a companion or someone to help out around the house. But others need our help for their day-to-day lives. And living in their homes is certainly a safer alternative in these circumstances than being in a nursing home. So I think our jobs our safe if our clients stay healthy. We may even have an increase in business as families want to take their loved ones out of nursing homes for the time being.
My sister is the charge nurse for a home health care company in Atlanta. Good sized outfit. They have just suspended all in house visits. Not sure how that will affect the patients but don’t believe they needed less medical care, more assistance.

abc?

ABC is a Liqour Store

ABC is a Liqour Store
Yep, I bought 2 half gallons the other day just in case gonna get 2 more. Also heading to lowes to pick up more privacy fence slats. The shopping center is right behind my house when the food runs out it might get ugly. Glad i got plenty of ammo. Hope it does not come to that.

I actually heard from a rather reliable source that we (USA) will go on lockdown tomorrow afternoon. I joined this site because I wanted to confirm my friends warning. I've been a semi prepper since I was a teen but I've never networked and pretty much kept it to myself.

I’m rather new here too. Welcome! Can you describe what this lockdown will entail?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back