Italy now suspends mortgage and bill payments.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very good article, I have been trying to explain to people that this is just starting and it's slow as far as the progression of the effects of the spreading. Everything is delayed between each transitional stage of the viruses course. It is very bad and when it over runs the hospital systems it get extremely bad. There are preppers here that don't believe me, please trust me and prepare for the worse.

I am quite prepared, have been for decades, like you. Trying to keep the wife informed without making her scared, just informed. The trick is to watch how ducks swim.
Over the water, they are slow and graceful. BUT underwater, there is a full speed furious paddling of the feet to keep moving. Think faster than others, react faster and survive better. Good luck, my internet keeps going down, don't know why. Hope I can stay in contact with you all as this developes and we can all teach to and learn from
one-another. Just changed the glass window door in the cellar to a solid wooden one and put a lock into the solid steel second door in the lower cellar. Getting ready for any possible ransacking. Stay healthy and prepped. That is why we are here...Gary

if I only could get my brother to see the serious in this..but as my cousin told me ( back when I had that garden patch ) you are the "militant green hunter-farmer" in our family and cheers to that.

we are now experiencing secondary and tertiary effects,while trying to understand the first...

Last edited:
Some of the people around us will never think that anything so big will happen that they need to buy much in advance. They will be the most surprised of all, if and when things start to get and be bad. I already have 6 "CARE" packages for my immediate family or neighbors prepared. About a week of food. Rice,beans,noodles,sugar,coffee, matches/lighter,candles,canned milk, nose-wipes,peanut-butter,honey,sardines and tunafish...If I have to share, I will and can. If not and I need to bug-out, it will be easier to pack little 10 kilo boxes of food and move faster. 100 liters of fresh water in the cellar. A heavier wooden door and a stronger lock on the steel door in the second cellar. WATCH AND STAY WARY JOHN. ((a man convinced against his will, is un-convinced still...)) Gary

I am quite prepared, have been for decades, like you. Trying to keep the wife informed without making her scared, just informed. The trick is to watch how ducks swim.
Over the water, they are slow and graceful. BUT underwater, there is a full speed furious paddling of the feet to keep moving. Think faster than others, react faster and survive better. Good luck, my internet keeps going down, don't know why. Hope I can stay in contact with you all as this developes and we can all teach to and learn from
one-another. Just changed the glass window door in the cellar to a solid wooden one and put a lock into the solid steel second door in the lower cellar. Getting ready for any possible ransacking. Stay healthy and prepped. That is why we are here...Gary

You sound ready for about anything Gary. Wishing I had a lower cellar. It’s a bit too late now.

Yesterday my little sister and I were talking and she said that she knew how to stop this, everyone just stays home for 3 weeks and it can't spread anymore. Perfect 12 year old logic I guess. But then I asked her how those people are going to pay their bills if they don't go to work, how are they going to get medical treatment if they need it, etc. She slowly started to understand the far reaching consequences of this pandemic.
We discuss just this issue of rent and mortgages. But then it comes down to landlords now didn't get paid, can they afford to provide repairs or other services. I'm sure most people's solutions to this involves the government, but where are they going to get the money to finance anything? From the taxpayers. Yeah, the same people who can't even pay their damn mortgage.
Too many adults I know haven't done that much thinking about it and don't realize how bad this can get. One of my coworkers thinks it's all stupid and no big deal. Fortunately the rest are taking it seriously and helping get prepared.

Perfect explanation of our economy. That is a major problem with the US today. Too many people have too much debt meaning they cannot afford to miss a single day's pay. As with anything else, once it starts downhill, everything flows with it.

As far as Italy suspending Mortgage and Bill payments, that one really scares me especially if the democrat lamebrains in Washington get ahold of that. I work in IT in the financial industry. If this was attempted, it would be a nightmare to implement just from the IT (computer) side of things. What is "suspended", how to handle the missed payment, what happens to someone who was already behind or someone who had paid ahead. Etc, Etc. The logistic are staggering. But, then again, someone like AOC would not have the intelligence to think that far ahead.

Perfect explanation of our economy. That is a major problem with the US today. Too many people have too much debt meaning they cannot afford to miss a single day's pay. As with anything else, once it starts downhill, everything flows with it.

As far as Italy suspending Mortgage and Bill payments, that one really scares me especially if the democrat lamebrains in Washington get ahold of that. I work in IT in the financial industry. If this was attempted, it would be a nightmare to implement just from the IT (computer) side of things. What is "suspended", how to handle the missed payment, what happens to someone who was already behind or someone who had paid ahead. Etc, Etc. The logistic are staggering. But, then again, someone like AOC would not have the intelligence to think that far ahead.
I am anticipating a certain amount of this to occur here as well. They are already trying to implement government-paid emergency sick leave. And of course some of this is going to be at state-level, some at national level, and it will be a complete nightmare. Whether or not the virus itself would cause this much panic and disruption if it reached true pandemic levels, the containment efforts certainly will.

Latest posts

Back