insomniacs or Night owls

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayghost668

Awesome Friend
VIP Supporter
Neighbor
I have been on here at just about any time of day you wish to name and there is always someone here,,,my problem is,,it does not matter what the time is I will wake up and that is that wide awake for at least 3 hours,,,I can sleep 20 minutes or 8 hours,,,,when the light comes on I am up,,,period,,,,,

what is your story

Once I wake up and walk a few paces, I'm up for good. If I lie back down, RARELY can I go back to sleep. Been like that all my life. On the up side of that, I function just fine on 4 hours of sleep and rarely do I awaken before the 4 hour mark, for ANY reason. Truth be know, however, my body prefers a sleep cycle of 6-7 hours when it is not impeded by a full bladder or some bizarre loud noise in/around the house.

Last edited:
I am a night owl. I go to bed at 2 a.m. and will sleep 8 to 10 hours. After a early morning trip to the bathroom, I can fall back asleep in seconds. Almost all of my life I worked day shift but preferred the midnight (12 a.m. to 8 a.m.) sift when I could get it.

I go to bed early listening to talk radio. And usually get up between 4 and 5 a.m. I do have to get up and pee but go right back to sleep.

I hate when the time changes in winter. I'm ready for bed by 6 p.m. I put the chickens to bed and I'm done. I don't go to bed at 6, but I'm ready.

I'm definitely a night owl type and often have trouble getting to sleep. But then I always have trouble waking up. The snooze button is my best friend.

wife and I are Larks/early birds, early to bed, early to rise.
early morning is the best part of the day before all the plebs wake up and have to commute to work.

It is now 1:40 a.m. and I am getting ready for bed. This is my normal time. I am the night owl and the wife is the early bird. Not much time we don't have the duty watch covered. LOL

Latest posts

Back