Helpful Info. If we went to war with North Korea....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw on the news this evening that we have a missed that sends electromagnetic pulses to the ground as it flies over targets. It isn’t ready to be deployed yet but is supposed to be close. Ok, awesome idea. Why in the hell would we advertise it though! What kind of moron shows his cards while still playing the game?

I just saw on the news this evening that we have a missed that sends electromagnetic pulses to the ground as it flies over targets. It isn’t ready to be deployed yet but is supposed to be close. Ok, awesome idea. Why in the hell would we advertise it though! What kind of moron shows his cards while still playing the game?

I doubt we have any true idea what are military is truly capable of if push came to shove. We spend far more on our military than all of our enemies combined. My guess if that they only release what they want us to hear...the rest is limited to top ranking officials.

I'm more worried about South Korea and Japan. They're the ones at greatest risk at this point.

This has been talked about for the past 3 years ;)

Microwave weapon could fry North Korean missile controls, say experts
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-...h-korean-missile-controls-say-experts-n825361

no wonder people there buy bunkers...let's see if the winter games will be held in SK or if games of a different nature is being "played"

This has been talked about for the past 3 years ;)

Microwave weapon could fry North Korean missile controls, say experts
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-...h-korean-missile-controls-say-experts-n825361
This was the first I’ve heard of it, but really cool idea. I am sure there are lots of ideas our govt has been working on that we don’t hear about. I still say we should quit provoking the little turd though. Our war games are a huge reason he is so paranoid and felt the need to go nuclear.

We've had HPM weapons for quite some time. We've even USED them in battle before, during actions in the Middle East. Oddly enough, if you REALLY looked close at certain news reports, you could even ferret out some evidence for it. Typically, it was employed just before a stealth run. Some of the news accounts that mention the effects, will have you believe that the downed systems just before the missions were the result of hackers, but it wasn't. It was also the result of specialized cruise missiles sent in prior to the bombers. It's not geared towards affecting hardened equipment like missile launchers, etc. It's more for totally destroying C&C (command and control) networks. However, this will be less effective in NK, because a lot of this network is underground or in hardened mountains. This wasn't the case in the desert.

As for the wargames, they are necessary when coordinating troops from different nations, using different equipment, command structures, etc. Trying to do that in response after the fact, would be a logistical nightmare. Technically, we are still at war with NK, we just have an armistice with them.

He went nuclear for the reason of extortion...and it's been good to them...so I get it. I still say simply ignoring him is the best tactic. If he does then decide to go with a bang, then he'll soon realize why it's a bad idea. I just hope our leaders are smart enough to wage such a war the right way. It'll be a bit frustrating, as it will NOT be traditional...to be successful. It almost needs to be a war of containment, and then simply chipping away at their capability to wage war. It's the best way to go politically, militarily, and frankly, economically.

Oh snap, I just clicked on the link, and they are publicly talking about CHAMPs...that article is way off on actual dates though...but I had no idea those were actually public. Prior to those, we had vehicles set up for it. But, after health issues with the crews, they wisely went with a missile approach. I suspect they likely have some drone vehicles now for this purpose, but as my exposure was more to Boeing and Lockheed, I don't know much about that. Lockheed has an aerial drone for it, but like the missile, it's destroyed upon deploying the weapon effect.

The nice thing about the weapons, is that you can hamper the capability of a building, without taking out it and adjacent buildings with conventional weapons, which is great when you're doing a "liberation" action vs. destroying the enemy forces. It also minimized risk to the bombers to follow, meaning radar would be offline, SAMs not launching from the control centers, and AA crews not getting the commands.

Last edited:
Nope. I'll say it again. The LAST thing NK wants is war. However, the FIRST thing they want, is to use their weapons as a bargaining chip for what they really want, money, fuel, and food. Going to ACTUAL war would mean losing their bargaining chips (and they don't have the funds to replenish them). It is the LAST thing they want, despite their rhetoric. The only difference now, is that our current leadership seems to finally be aware of this glaring fact.

I think war with N. Korea in the near future is highly likely.

Kim seems to be a crazy, paranoid meglomaniac. Trump doesn't seem overly attached to diplomacy either.

The problem--in my mind--is that everyone seems focused on his nukes, and there doesn't seem as much attention given to his chemical and biological weapons...like weaponized anthrax and large amounts of VX nerve gas--or, God help us--Novichock agents.

He used VX to kill his own brother, so I don't see him exercising a lot of restraint in a military confrontation.

He's crazy and dangerous, and he needs to disappear.

I think war with N. Korea in the near future is highly likely.

Kim seems to be a crazy, paranoid meglomaniac. Trump doesn't seem overly attached to diplomacy either.

The problem--in my mind--is that everyone seems focused on his nukes, and there doesn't seem as much attention given to his chemical and biological weapons...like weaponized anthrax and large amounts of VX nerve gas--or, God help us--Novichock agents.

He used VX to kill his own brother, so I don't see him exercising a lot of restraint in a military confrontation.

He's crazy and dangerous, and he needs to disappear.

If that little warped penguin chooses to use WMDs so be it, he just opened up the gates of hell and if he doesn't know he soon will given he is one of the primary targets in an airstrike.

US Military doctrine
If NK or any state uses Chemical weapons (WMD) to attacks on US Forces, it's allies and civilian population the US reserves the right to use nuclear weapons even if the state possesses no nuclear weapons

Field commanders can request permission to use nuclear weapons:

An enemy using or threatening to use WMD against US, multinational, or alliance forces or civilian populations.
To prevent an imminent biological attack.
To attack enemy WMD or its deep hardened bunkers containing WMD that could be used to target US or its allies.
To stop potentially overwhelming conventional enemy forces.
To rapidly end a war on favorable US terms.
To ensure US and international operations are successful.
To show US intent and capability to use nuclear weapons to deter the enemy from using WMDs.
To react to enemy-supplied WMD use by proxies against the US and international forces or civilians.

For some reason I think this thread is duplicated elsewhere, but maybe that was another forum.

I think Gazrok nailed it in his post Wednesday. Rocket man wants/needs money/supplies. For decades NK just rattles their weapons and we talk big then the US always write him a check for NK to calm down. But I suspect Trump is a different man.

I'll give 2 examples Trump likely knows well. First, President Jefferson & the Barbary Coast. Short version: a few muslim countries with some POS little boats attacked every merchant vessel that went by. They ransomed the crews and took what goods they wanted. Various countries paid an annual bribery to protect their goods. Jefferson built the first US Navy, created the "Marines" (the name 'leathernecks' came because Marines wore leather strips to prevent muslims from cutting off their heads). Jefferson sent the ships & basically kicked butt, and the cowardly muslims surrendered which was the first instance of the US leading the world.

2nd example: Iran hostages. For over a year the coward President Carter 'negotiated' to get 100 US citizens freed to no avail. The day Reagan was inaugurated was the day Iran released the hostages. Not a shot fired, I'm sure much was said that we'll never know. But I suspect Reagan basically told them there would be no negotiations and it was either release them "or else".

Trump has the same "mad man" reputation as Reagan. He's not going to give NK one red cent. He'll tell NK to go elsewhere for their welfare. And if they want war (which they don't), we have plenty of weapons needing 'testing'. End of conversation...

Latest posts

Back