I want one for no good reason :)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I really want at the moment is a Swedish made FX air rifle but NOT with the Uk 12 ft pound power limit, :( so I have to do without
Dreamline-Lite-2.png

I can see a number of uses for this. Dirty cheap ammo that really gets someone's attention. Get a 50 round magazine. Those 50 rounds cost $3? Same price as just a few 223's or 9mm? What will get someone's attention more quickly? Taking out a racoon (and it's family?)? Have a mob coming toward you? 22's won't be stopping power, but it will wet their pants & turn them around quick enough, hitting a few of them. Great for zombies.

I do see a real use for this. Very simple: dealing with a mob. And, on a budget. If someone is attacking, a small or a large group, they think numbers are on their side. 500 or 1500 rpm is a great equalizer. And, even better, you probably won't even kill that many. This is a 22, lightweight. Injuries? Oh yeah, lots of them. Which is even better. Others slow down trying to help their comrades. You use this to turn the herd, then switch to another weapon to finish the job. But anyone who keeps charging this must be high on something.

Budget wise, 500 rounds (a brick) is $40? You can fire 500 (yes, smaller) rounds for $40. What is that, 50 rounds of 223? 10x the rounds. Maybe 3x the effective fire-power? But much faster delivery. So it's a performance multiplier.

As I've often said, I have little to no use for full auto weapons post SHTF.

So....what do we do about a huge, massed, mob of people bent on taking everything?

I found out (to my horror) that military flame throwers are legal, and don't count as firearms.

napalm-mix1.png
XL18-2-768x768.jpg

So....no paperwork.

You can even buy this thing in California.

Spraying flaming napalm all over the place will keep away the most determined mob.

And--wonder of wonders--it's totally legal with no background check.

A flame thrower will take out a fortified machine gun pillbox, and will even stop an armored car.

After all, it isn't a firearm.

If I could remote operate the flame thrower, I would want one, but I never, ever want one strapped to my back.

If I could remote operate the flame thrower, I would want one, but I never, ever want one strapped to my back.
I get your point.

A stray bullet could--in theory--set this thing on fire while you're wearing it.

Still, I don't advocate it as an EDC thing....just a special treat for unlikely situations.

I get your point.

A stray bullet could--in theory--set this thing on fire while you're wearing it.

Still, I don't advocate it as an EDC thing....just a special treat for unlikely situations.

I like the concept --- a whole bunch but the application will require a different volunteer.

An old expended fire extinguisher, fitted with a valve from a car tire rim, filled with high airpressure and homemade napalm, made from gasoline and styrofoam will do just fine for the emergency of protecting the family from a mob. Distance is not as far as the profi-system, but it would be a deterrant. Fire was always a devastating weapon for thousands of years now. GP

Last edited:
Back