Hello to all

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastenerWesterner

Awesome Friend
VIP Supporter
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have been lurking for a while. The name comes from that I have lived on both coasts.

My whole life has led me to this point of prepping. Being prepared for snow and ice storms back east when I was younger.

Being through 4 fire Evacs in the past 3 years from 2 different locales, I started getting serious last year. Evacs are now old hat, and I am setting up a horse trailer up as my bug out mobile.

I have a level based emergency plan:
Level 1- no power
Level 2- road blocked
Level 3- Level 1+2
Level 4- Evacuation
Level 5- SHTF
Level 6-Earthquake and buildings are leveled
I am halfway through Level 5 preps and those preps help with Level 6 plan.

I am fortunate to live where most people would want to bug out to in SHTF. Remote but 12 miles from 2 smaller cities. I plan for that defense strategy.

I am struggling with food rotations and changes to daily menu. For example, in 2020 we ate 25 lbs of rice. In 1999, we ate 4 lbs. A years worth of food, with a few concessions like fresh milk and eggs, is what I feel comfortable with. If I got a cow, I would have too much milk.

Prepping is really a lifestyle change.

Welcome from a top secret location that to many people know about, like Joe Biden, although he constantly forgets.

It wasn’t on his note cards.

0D77FA57-1162-4918-A119-8AAC4300D893.png

We’ll trade you Governor Nuisance for a 6 pack of beer.....
I used to call him Nonsense, but downgraded him to Newscum after the Laundry Room incident.

Latest posts

Back