Hand held weapons?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dirty big stick, a metal pipe, half to a quarter of a broom handle with a bicycle hand grip on the end, whatever is close by that I can physically lift and launch at someone.

Dress makers scissors are a good one too.

Why do you ask? big weekend planned? (I joke, I joke)

Hey fellow preppers i wouldn just love to know your ideas on some good hand held weapons. No bullets/ firearms
I like sticks, and a cane, yes a walking cane, Preferably made of mahogany or oak.

A nice length of rattan is good, I'd wrap it a few times in duct tape to keep it from splitting. Believe me, you can deliver a beating that won't be forgotten. You want the rattan to be about 1 and 1/2 inches across so you have a good solid grip on it, wrap your end in bicycle grip tape so it doesn't slip. Use it two-handed like you would a bastard sword and clean someone's clock.

:) I like to think I'm a nice person jim, but people know me. Serious note though, I used the rattan weapons in training to fight medieval style battles instead of using steel blades. So I'm used to wearing armor and whaling the bejeesus out of people without mercy.

Ok gonna throw this in the mix. A belt. A simple belt can be an effective weapon.
Even a set of car keys.
At home: forget mace. It's expensive and will affect you to in a closed room.
Instead, go to the dollar store and buy a can of wasp/hornet killer. Not only does it shoot about 20 feet. It's also flammable. Teehee!

Oh hells yeah, love hornet spray! Aqua Net is also good for a makeshift flame thrower.

I'm going to sound like such a horrid mother right now, but every so often I'll look at Fries and tell her to look around her and come up with as many things as possible within arm's reach that she could use to mess someone up with.

I will do so. She is so looking forward to the meet. Hubs says I'm raising her to be a sociopath by having her look at her surroundings in different ways and I just tell him that I raising her not to be a victim.
absolutely. This world need strong women. Power to you.

Ok gonna throw this in the mix. A belt. A simple belt can be an effective weapon.
Even a set of car keys.
At home: forget mace. It's expensive and will affect you to in a closed room.
Instead, go to the dollar store and buy a can of wasp/hornet killer. Not only does it shoot about 20 feet. It's also flammable. Teehee!

i deffently like that..lol

just thought..if ya go to the spray paint section in dollor genral.you can find one of things you can put onto the spray can that keeps ya from getting spray paint on your finger tip.that might be a help when it comes to keeping flame from ya as well.pluse it might give ya a better reach as well..especilly if you use a long stem lighter

Personally I wouldn't use a closet dowel for a staff, I know I would crack that in half with my first swing if I connected properly, at that point it would be a nice pointy stabby stick and would be okay if I was only fighting one person. Yeah, my quarterstaff is a nice Chinese waxwood. Not only is the closet dowel too brittle, waxwood got a good bend and whip to it, so it will resist snapping, plus gives it a good whipping energy that can snap bone. Also in certain circumstances if you block it, it might still whip towards your head or face :)

Personally, I like mace. I have used it and been sprayed 3 times with it. One thing to remember if you use a product like hornet spray or other chemicals there is the possibility of a lawsuit. I know it sounds stupid but it can happen. You may cause permanent unintended harm by use of an unknown product not made for that intended use. I gave small maces to my wife, kids and extended female family members for XMAS.

Back