Florida man :)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite was the woman that hung plastic sheeting around her house! Yeah, that’s gonna help...
As far as the alligator in the pool, dosent everyone have one in their pool? If they were under 6’ long I never even gave em a second glance!

Yes, some were beyond foolish. But some aren't bad. The straps over the roof would help stop it from getting ripped off. Depending on what the straps are attached to (not clear in photo). The sandbags on roof would help the edge shingles from getting beaten too badly. I did chuckle at the baby car parked in the house because he feared it blowing away. True! Not really smart though...

My favorite was the woman that hung plastic sheeting around her house! Yeah, that’s gonna help...
As far as the alligator in the pool, dosent everyone have one in their pool? If they were under 6’ long I never even gave em a second glance!

Up to the Boat Dock in Crocs, Up to their asse in Aligators.

On another board I belong to, which has several members from Florida, we are constantly posting "Floriduh" stories about stupid things people in Florida do. It is quite astounding!
I was--as I've said many times--a paramedic in Florida.

I could go on all day about stupidity.

One of my favorites?

The anti-gun people wanted to make a point, so they had a guy with Down syndrome bring his Florida I.D., cash, and other I.D. by himself into a Walmart, and buy a shotgun and lots of ammo.....while being filmed by a hidden camera.

He talked to the clerk about his seizure medicine and so forth.....and left with the gun, as everyone was afraid to be "discriminitory".

This was years ago, and was written up in the paper.

I grew up in the state, it’s not all bad. Living with storms and power outages is what made me a prepper. There’s nothing like real world experience to make you realize prepping is wise.

I grew up in the state, it’s not all bad. Living with storms and power outages is what made me a prepper. There’s nothing like real world experience to make you realize prepping is wise.
I agree.

I now live in Ocala, which is the one part of the state which is considered at low risk for hurricanes and flooding.

I was--as I've said many times--a paramedic in Florida.

I could go on all day about stupidity.

One of my favorites?

The anti-gun people wanted to make a point, so they had a guy with Down syndrome bring his Florida I.D., cash, and other I.D. by himself into a Walmart, and buy a shotgun and lots of ammo.....while being filmed by a hidden camera.

He talked to the clerk about his seizure medicine and so forth.....and left with the gun, as everyone was afraid to be "discriminitory".

This was years ago, and was written up in the paper.
I just wanted to add something to this out of an issue of fairness that occurred to me after I posted this.

Everybody automatically assumes that all people with Down syndrome are intellectually disabled, and this is mostly true, but there are exceptions.

I actually knew a (very) few people with Down syndrome who weren't intellectually disabled.

I wouldn't call them brain surgeons or rocket scientists, but they were more functional and more intelligent than a lot of "normal" people that I know. I even knew one who was an EMT and a volunteer firefighter.

If someone is in this category, then I don't believe that Down syndrome should automatically disqualify a person from gun ownership.

I, myself, am autistic.....so I really know better and should have been more sensitive when I wrote this last post.

I agree.

I now live in Ocala, which is the one part of the state which is considered at low risk for hurricanes and flooding.
Ocala wasn’t far from me and I still go through it when visiting. Yes, it’s higher than most of the state and further inland to weaken the storms some as they go over land so it’s a bit safer. I always liked the area. Lots of horses and money there.

Latest posts

Back