EMP

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto_

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
What precautions are you taking in the event North Korea hits us with one of these? I'm actually pretty terrified. It would cause all our communications to not work.

if an EMP took out all the electrics and electronics, and I mean for a long time,most people in the UK could not cope, they are so used to flicking a switch.

personally it wont affect me much, I have lived without power so adapting is no big thing. but if people have lived a life not knowing any different its going to come as a big shock to them.

Worried, not so much. I’ve ensured ways to cook, stay warm, keep vegetables longer, preserve food, etc all without electricity. Now, would I like this? Not a chance, but I would continue to function. We all would make a lot of adjustments in our lives.

I've lived without electricity, without fridges and freezers, and loved every minute of it, its more natural than this thing we call the 21st century.

I've lived without electricity, without fridges and freezers, and loved every minute of it, its more natural than this thing we call the 21st century.
I’m not knocking the 21st century. We have it better than any generation in history. There are a lot of perks in today’s world that I would sorely miss. I’m responding to someone right now that’s 5 thousound miles away and it takes less than a second. People would have thought that sorcery a couple hundred years ago!

i think that the more that people rely on technology the further they will fall when that technology is removed, like for instance an emp.
i'm using this laptop now, but post emp I would have other things more important than seeing what emails I had, use what we have to get to a place where we can function when that technology no longer works or is no longer available.

i think that the more that people rely on technology the further they will fall when that technology is removed, like for instance an emp.
i'm using this laptop now, but post emp I would have other things more important than seeing what emails I had, use what we have to get to a place where we can function when that technology no longer works or is no longer available.
No doubt, people today are too far removed from the basics of life. Most don’t know where the food in the grocery stores actually comes from. I had so many disgusted when I told them I ate the chickens and rabbits that I raised.

No doubt, people today are too far removed from the basics of life. Most don’t know where the food in the grocery stores actually comes from. I had so many disgusted when I told them I ate the chickens and rabbits that I raised.
that figures, if you gave them a chicken or a rabbit to cook, one they would run away screaming and two they wouldn't know what to do with it, most people eat ready meals these days.

I'm at peace with my ultimate fate, which is the single most advanced prepping level one can attain.

That doesn't mean I would give in, though. I currently have a 12V solar rechargeable battery system with a few devices that can run off it. I hope to eventually and actual full system with a 120VAC 60Hz DC/AC converter so I can run my major appliances. I would try to keep that in some sort of Faraday cage enclosure.

I will have more important things to do post SHTF than worry about having electric to run electronic devices or whatever.
power has only been in british homes for less than 100 years-some a lot less than that, and my ancestors managed perfectly well without it, so will i.

I will have more important things to do post SHTF than worry about having electric to run electronic devices or whatever.
power has only been in british homes for less than 100 years-some a lot less than that, and my ancestors managed perfectly well without it, so will i.
I know I am capable of living without it, I would just prefer not to.

well,bigpaul,not all of us crave to live in the 1900's,sure you can manage,some even thrive,but it's quite nice to have hot running water and having the abilty
to connect with your family,without relying on carrier pigeons.
and if needed,having modern medicine at out disposal,with machines that say....ping... ;)

ps.you should know from where that last sentence is ;)

well,bigpaul,not all of us crave to live in the 1900's,sure you can manage,some even thrive,but it's quite nice to have hot running water and having the abilty
to connect with your family,without relying on carrier pigeons.
and if needed,having modern medicine at out disposal,with machines that say....ping... ;)

ps.you should know from where that last sentence is ;)
i was thinking more mid 18th century, a pre industrial lifestyle,maybe not hot RUNNING water but hot water would be available at all times. as for family, the only family I have is with me 24/7 i.e. the wife so no need of carrier pigeons, plenty of wood pigeons here though!!
wife is a herbalist, I don't much care for modern medicines-they all have too many side effects and their all oil/chemical based anyway so wont be around post shtf.

EMP is definitely a component in our preps. But yes, that section has the best info on it, vs. here in the General forum.

I suppose most if not all of our members are aware of the satellites floating above our heads whose only purpose is to explode an Nuclear bomb , creating an EMP . I have noticed some thinking a missile would be used for the upcoming EMP . While that is plausible , multiple EMP bombs has already been put into position . It came to my attention today , even North Korea has two known EMP satellites in orbit . How many EMP satellites Russia or China has is unknown but we can be assured it is a significant number . The EMP attack we can expect minutes or seconds before we fell the ground shaking from ground strikes . Also of interest is the ability to maneuver the EMP satellites into whatever location they deem desirable . --- Also notable is China has announced their intention to start stopping ships and searching them , if they appear to be heading to Tiwan . Tiwan Leader says they will not submit to the searches . Any thinking prepper can see where this is heading .

Some years ago I read that China and NK have an EMP go over the Country once a day.

There is zero doubt in my mind that China will EMP the USA. They most likely will start with a full fledged infrastructure cyber attack. At any rate it all equals the same thing…

BE PREPARED TO LIVE LIKE IT IS EARLY 1800s!!

I want to add to the above…. BE SURE and head to your BOL when large scale cyber attacks begin! Do not wait!! Being ahead of the crowds coming out of any city is essential.

Those, like me, who are where they are staying for the disaster can opt to take a last run to the locally owned feed store and perhaps small grocery store. Be prepared to pay in cash.

One more.

If you don’t have your Post Disaster Plan in writing in a binder with full instructions, do one now! This will organize you and your family and group.

Mine is broken into sections according to the disaster…EMP, Cyber Attacks, War Attack or Invasion, Natural Disaster and just added, Toxic Events like Local Train Derailments.

For the reason Poltergeist states above, is why I believe most folks are not going to be able to get 60 miles or more from the cities. Even the gangs will be stuck closer to where they live. Walking will be the only way and those on the roadways will kill each other for water and food.

Preppers need to store fuel and get out fast. Otherwise even their extra fuel won’t be able to get them out. The roads will soon clog and then full stop as others run out of gas.

From personal experience know those that think they can simply pull up to a fuel station and pump up the fuel using some sort of personal pump will be disappointed , then likely die . I have told before . but will repeat , when Hurricane Katrina devastated the lower portion of the United States , I went to rescue family members . With not any electricity for hundreds of miles , " all " the fuel stations were closed and the owners fully armed inside the stations were guarding the holding tanks . -- The only way that I succeeded on the mission was that I was hauling many cans of gasoline hidden under a blanket that allowed me to go deep into the devastation and return to my survival grounds . There was no doubt many would have killed me to obtain a can of fuel if they had discovered what I was hauling .

So, what is timeline here y'all are expecting this to happen? Weeks, months or "sometime" within next few years? At least one poster back in March warned 30 days for "something" to go down...and I think indicated May, something?

Serious question, not being sarcastic. I don't have a bol...I'm in my home and will stay here where I am...

I've got a lot of work scheduled for May and beyond...I'm expecting all will transpire, status quo (as usual)...am I blinded fool? I'm expecting we got quite a bit more time..

Feeling it creeping up on us, and it's coming.. but not feeling it's dire at this point, yet.

What say y'all? Thoughts?

When the crash is coming is a guess to everyone. We know for certain that the powers that be are at war with each other, which is why there isn’t a fixed date. I would put things going badly in the winter. They clearly are bringing us down slowly…so we all don’t panic until it is too late.

Last edited:
Back