Don't overlook the basics...or pay much attention to Hollywood!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

God Like
Reaction score
https://www.askaprepper.com/13-on-screen-survival-lessons-that-will-get-you-killed/

Excerpt: "Anyone who has paid any attention to the products coming out of Hollywood knows that they are the world’s greatest teachers. The experts in Hollywood can teach you anything they want you to know and convince you that they’re telling the truth. The only problem is, they have a horrible tendency to get their information wrong. In an attempt to make it look good for the silver screen, they tend to allow accuracy to go by the wayside.

This can be dangerous when people take what they see in movies and television shows too seriously. Yet, rather than taking the time to learn the truth, there are many people who assume that what they’ve seen in their favorite movie or TV show is true and follow that as if it were advice from an expert… only, it’s not. Often times, it’s the exact opposite.

I don’t claim to be an expert on Hollywood or even on making movies; I don’t even watch television all that often. On the other hand, I do know a thing or two about survival. At least, I know enough to spot many an error while I watch actors take on the world. Here are a few of them."

I don't base my survival on anything I see in movies or on TV, they might look good but these are only the figment of a movie producers fevered mind and are purely for ratings and profit nothing to do with prepping or survival.
I like the Rambo and Mad Max movies but post SHTF isn't going to look anything like that.

https://www.askaprepper.com/13-on-screen-survival-lessons-that-will-get-you-killed/

Excerpt: "Anyone who has paid any attention to the products coming out of Hollywood knows that they are the world’s greatest teachers. The experts in Hollywood can teach you anything they want you to know and convince you that they’re telling the truth. The only problem is, they have a horrible tendency to get their information wrong. In an attempt to make it look good for the silver screen, they tend to allow accuracy to go by the wayside.

This can be dangerous when people take what they see in movies and television shows too seriously. Yet, rather than taking the time to learn the truth, there are many people who assume that what they’ve seen in their favorite movie or TV show is true and follow that as if it were advice from an expert… only, it’s not. Often times, it’s the exact opposite.

I don’t claim to be an expert on Hollywood or even on making movies; I don’t even watch television all that often. On the other hand, I do know a thing or two about survival. At least, I know enough to spot many an error while I watch actors take on the world. Here are a few of them."

Hollywood famed for vehicles with 37 forward gears in sports cars, rifles than can fire 500 rounds from one magazine, etc

I want one of those pistols that never runs out of ammo! It also amuses me when the bad guys, you know, the heavily armed and well trained mercenaries that never hit the good guys while shooting dozens of rounds. Those are the guys I want to go up against!

I want one of those pistols that never runs out of ammo! It also amuses me when the bad guys, you know, the heavily armed and well trained mercenaries that never hit the good guys while shooting dozens of rounds. Those are the guys I want to go up against!

Yeah I've seen them on TV as weell, self aiming bullets, oh and when they hit someone the target falls silently to the floor and dies instantly, they never blled out slowly crying for their mothers, they never choke in their blood when they get his in the upper chest.

Oh, another favorite is a stab to the gut and they drop to the floor dead in three seconds... I figure if a deer can take a 308 through the chest and still kill the hunter afterwards then a person should last an hour or so from a knife!
In the "Sandbar Fight" that made Jim Bowie famous, Bowie was first hit over the head with a revolver so hard it broke the revolver, then stabbed in the chest with a cane sword, shot two or three times, and stabbed at least three more times (some say he was stabbed seven times) He still managed to kill one man and cut off part of another man's arm. He did have to be carried off after the fight, but he survived.

Yeah I've seen them on TV as weell, self aiming bullets, oh and when they hit someone the target falls silently to the floor and dies instantly, they never blled out slowly crying for their mothers, they never choke in their blood when they get his in the upper chest.
Unless it makes for part of the plot, of course.

In the "Sandbar Fight" that made Jim Bowie famous, Bowie was first hit over the head with a revolver so hard it broke the revolver, then stabbed in the chest with a cane sword, shot two or three times, and stabbed at least three more times (some say he was stabbed seven times) He still managed to kill one man and cut off part of another man's arm. He did have to be carried off after the fight, but he survived.
Damn that's one tough dude. He also fought to the death from his sickbed at the Alamo while already dying of tuberculosis.

I've never viewed anything that comes out of Hollywood as anything other than entertainment. And mostly poor entertainment at that. Only a fool would think that anything they see in the movies is real or true.

But, I have been preparing for the arrival of the white walkers lead by the night king. Are you trying to say that I am wasting my time?? :D

But, I have been preparing for the arrival of the white walkers lead by the night king. Are you trying to say that I am wasting my time?? :D
You have to allow a bit of leaway for Alaskan TV Their news is reporting US troops have been deployed to Vietnam and the NEW light entertainment shows are The Mary Tyler Moore show, Rowan and Martins Laugh In, and The Man from Uncle. :) :)

Asked an Alaskan about the current plans to impeach the President, they agreed and said Nixon must go :)

Definitely not wasting your time. This is one of the top most likely scenarios for the apocalypse, after zombies, alien invasion, and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom style release of dinosaurs into the wild which leads to the destruction of human civilization.

Definitely not wasting your time. This is one of the top most likely scenarios for the apocalypse, after zombies, alien invasion, and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom style release of dinosaurs into the wild which leads to the destruction of human civilization.

And Martians and the Borg.:)

Are we back on zombies again? Actually I think zombies are real. I went to the big city (pop 6,000) today to buy some furniture and a load of lumber. The majority of people that I dealt with were at least partially brain dead.

Just have to watch TV footage from the Democratic National Convention or the Streets of San Francisco to know its true. Shambling brain dead decaying wastes of skin.

Latest posts

Back