Bees

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband asked me for 2 jars of honey to give to business partners. I said no because I had gone 4 years between good harvests.

Plus my bees have died and I'm waiting for Spring to start over.

He says I am selfish. I say he has zero idea how much work goes into a harvest. Heavy, sticky, messy work.

I'm looking to the future when we may not have access to sugar etc.

Surprise.... I went down to clean the last empty hive today and there were bees flying in and out. Obviously, the last time I checked, they were hiding. I didn't go into the bottom box.

I have scraped hundreds of dead ones out this winter so there can't be many left. I'm going to buy a new hive kit since I have already ordered 3 nucs and paid a deposit. I wasn't properly dressed to check for a queen. Even if I were, I have a really hard time finding her. I need her to wear a crown.

Son and I just did a huge 3 Stooges routine. He tried to push me to the hives in mom's transport chair. Grass was too high and rocky so I ended up in the high weeds trying to get the hives ready for bees.

I look down and I ants crawling all over me. I think I have them in shape. My mentor is bringing them here. Such a nice man. I asked to pay him and he refused. I still owe him balance and I think I will put extra money the envelope and seal it. He won't know until he gets home.

Maybe I missed a post or likely none of my binnessss!...but did you find out answer for back/hip problem?
Had my EMG on Wednesday. No results yet. I thout for sure I would hear this afternoon.

The MRI said my hip is good and I don't have cancer. No muscle or tendon damage so it has to be nerves. They know it is not sciatica, but unsure which nerve (s). That's what I'm waiting to hear.

After working in the bees yesterday, boy, I can tell I'm out of shape. I am so sore. After I get this leg repaired, it is gonna be time for some work to get back to my fighting shape.

We all get somewhat out of shape from winter. You will do get back in great shape faster than you think!!

Latest posts

Back