Amazon is now going to be involved in health care

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There actually one in my hometown of Bowling Green KY. It's not a large city at all. I wish I could remember the article. It was actually a group of doctors fed up with the government paperwork that got the ball rolling.
I think I had a cousin go to college there.

My health care encourages the use of Teledoc for routine stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think those have great potential too. I read about an AI program that was able to diagnose problems better than most physicians. My wife had a large stone removed from her right kidney recently, the first round was 70,000. She is going in tomorrow to have some of the residual pieces removed now. Then they want to start the other kidney next. I call her my million dollar woman.... the prices for procedures are insane. Look at other countries prices, we are paying ten times more for care that is not as good in many cases.

I think those have great potential too. I read about an AI program that was able to diagnose problems better than most physicians. My wife had a large stone removed from her right kidney recently, the first round was 70,000. She is going in tomorrow to have some of the residual pieces removed now. Then they want to start the other kidney next. I call her my million dollar woman.... the prices for procedures are insane. Look at other countries prices, we are paying ten times more for care that is not as good in many cases.
You are so right. I think the US was barely in the top 10 for quality of care. And about first in the most expensive.

It is no big secret. U.S. Healthcare is outrageously expensive because of lawyers and freeloaders. As long as you still believe 2+2=4 you can figure it out. Simple math. If you believe 2+2=5 you'll believe anything the media tells you.

It is no big secret. U.S. Healthcare is outrageously expensive because of lawyers and freeloaders. As long as you still believe 2+2=4 you can figure it out. Simple math. If you believe 2+2=5 you'll believe anything the media tells you.
It is not so simple, there are all the big pharma companies and the medical suppliers as well as the insurance companies that will do anything for maximum profit, regardless of the consequences.

When we follow the money that’s involved with governments, food companies, Big Pharma, media and Healthcare operators, it’s easy to see why all five groups want to keep us fat and sick for profits.

You are so right. I think the US was barely in the top 10 for quality of care. And about first in the most expensive.

In this country the user pays, in many others everyone pays. In that I mean that the person who is using the medical care is paying for it through insurance and otherwise, in many other countries the health care is paid by every tax payer. That is why their taxes was very high.

In this country the user pays, in many others everyone pays. In that I mean that the person who is using the medical care is paying for it through insurance and otherwise, in many other countries the health care is paid by every tax payer. That is why their taxes was very high.
As I have said, I have family in Canada, and they are very happy with their system. My grandmother was treated so well at no cost to her as she progressed to assisted living and then a nursing home facility. On the other side of my family, my other grandmother had a stroke and required nursing home care, at a high cost. That facility always smelled like urine, the people were not cared for well...day and night. And Canada is not the best system, but far superior to what we have in the US. I would be willing to pay more now in taxes and not have to worry about going destitute later. I am afraid to retire because of the unknown factor of health care. I guess there is always a bullet, but I am essentially a coward, and if I were that bad off I might not be physically able to end my life.

Doreena, when will you ever learn that taking more money out of the private sector and giving it to the government NEVER fixes any problems! I'm all for some real reform of the healthcare industry, but pouring more money into Washington is NOT A SOLUTION! It just feeds the beast and makes it ever bigger and hungrier.

Doreena, when will you ever learn that taking more money out of the private sector and giving it to the government NEVER fixes any problems! I'm all for some real reform of the healthcare industry, but pouring more money into Washington is NOT A SOLUTION! It just feeds the beast and makes it ever bigger and hungrier.
It is working in many other countries. My grandmother in Canada died with dignity. My grandmother in Michigan died in filth. My cousin in Canada loves his health care. It can work.

The Canadian healthcare system works great...until you REALLY need it. That's the problem - it is geared towards making routine healthcare inexpensive. But when people need critical medical procedures or surgery, they have go to other countries.

Why Canadians Are Increasingly Seeking Medical Treatment Abroad
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/canadian-medical-tourism_us_5949b405e4b0db570d3778ff
I think my grandparents and my aunt and uncle and cousins REALLY needed it and they got taken care of. Personal experience. Plus friends who live there. This experience includes cataract surgeries and end of life care as well as minor health issues (and some not so minor like shingles).

This is from the Huffington Post, hardly a right wing propaganda outfit:
The Fraser Institute released a study last year showing that wait times in Canada were on the increase and had hit an all-time high in more than two decades of the think tank conducting the survey. Patients reported waiting up to 20 weeks for “medically necessary” procedures such as organ transplants and heart surgery. ..
“Everyone has access to free medical care that is ‘good enough.’ If you want to pay for better health care, you can’t,” he said. “That’s why those who can afford to, tend to go down to the U.S. for care if they have anything serious happen to them. You can have the greatest doctors in the world, but if the bureaucrats that run the system are making them treat patients with one hand tied behind their back, are they going to be delivering the best possible care?”

I think my grandparents and my aunt and uncle and cousins REALLY needed it and they got taken care of. Personal experience. Plus friends who live there. This experience includes cataract surgeries and end of life care as well as minor health issues (and some not so minor like shingles).

Every family member and close friends I have has always had good healthcare, its my personal experience. I do not personally know anyone thats on medicaid other than some of there children. We have the most options here in the USA, government health care options, private insurance and private care directly with the doctors. I would not want canadian health care.

I saw a low cost clinic in Walmart this morning. I’m all for these low cost alternatives. Wish they put them in every Walmart. I’ve always thought it would be a good idea if the govt paid for your schooling to become a Dr. then have you work in some sort of low income healthcare to pay it back.

Every family member and close friends I have has always had good healthcare, its my personal experience. I do not personally know anyone thats on medicaid other than some of there children. We have the most options here in the USA, government health care options, private insurance and private care directly with the doctors. I would not want canadian health care.
I saw this today from a friend who lived the hard choices in health care when she was as young as 5... https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/07/02/opinion/boston-subway-accident-health-care.html

Thought it was relevant .

I'm confused, are you saying Obamacare doesn't work, Doreena?
It never was allowed to mature, so we really can’t say if it would work or not. I feel it is/was a step in the right direction to get all people some sort of access to health care within our current system of insurance companies. Not the best solution, but better than no coverage, no preventative care, equally more expense to everyone... I prefer a universal coverage. I thought the article was interesting.

I agree some sort of universal care should be available to everyone. At least basic care. I keep hearing how we are the richest country in the world, yet we have no compassion to treat the poorest?

Latest posts

Back